On May 16, 2020, the government amended O. Reg. 52/20 to allow persons to gather for the purposes of a religious service, rite or ceremony provided that persons are following all of the following precautions:
• Subject to the exception below, each person attending the gathering, other than the persons conducting the service, rite or ceremony, must remain within a motor vehicle that is designed to be closed to the elements.
• A person must not be in a motor vehicle that contains members of more than one household.
• The driver of a motor vehicle must ensure that it is positioned at least two metres away from other motor vehicles.
• No more than five persons may conduct the service, rite or ceremony from outside a motor vehicle, and the persons conducting the service, rite or ceremony must remain at least two metres apart from each other and from other persons attending the gathering.
• The persons conducting the service, rite or ceremony must ensure that any building that is intended for such activities and that is located at the place where the gathering is occurring remains closed during the gathering except for any access the persons conducting the service, rite or ceremony may reasonably require.
• No materials must be exchanged between the occupant of one motor vehicle and the occupant of any other motor vehicle.
These restrictions are aimed at safeguarding the health and well-being of Ontarians while allowing individuals to practise their faith in congregate settings.
Take care my friend! And thank you for reaching out to me!
David Wiedrick, Manager, Bylaw Compliance, Security and Licensing